xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Go down

Thursday, January 11, 2007 Empty Thursday, January 11, 2007

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 09 Feb 2007, 7:11 pm

XTRE XTRE XTRE!

I've got some late breaking news... and exciting news it is! On Saturday, January 20th, AFI will be making our first Saturday Night Live appearance! Hopefully they'll let us return again after I do my best Lucille Balle impression and try to squeeze my way into every sketch on the show. I thought you all might want to watch the fun so I just cut to the chase. That was the chase... and the rest goes a little something like this....

NYE was a blast. I think I may have fallen in love with the gold mic during the MTV performance (the wedding e-vites shall arrive shortly.) You should have seen the view from the studio....thousands of seemingly foamy, Seusse -esque, red hats bobbed below in a sea of NYE mirth. I swear, standing in that square til 12am when starting at hours of the morning during which I myself would typically be calling it an evening requires and outlook that is too foreign to this boy...but more power to all you ball drop lovers. The rest of my evening was spent sweating my hair into a puff on a dance floor alongside Lou Koller, Damien Xplsion and many well done drag queens, cyber girls and assorted lovelies of a similar fabulous nature. The GoGo dancers let me share their dressing room which was a party in itself. It seemed to be in a constant state of pansexual make out. Can't complain about that really. A topless girl told me that I inspired her to move to NYC from her tiny VT town and "rejoin civilization." She said it meant a lot...it was a very nice compliment. (She, by the way, was on the dace floor, not in the dressing room with the rest of the topless). The city got cold and drizzly around 5am but it was quite a nice close to great night.

I've been sick but the Doc's helping, the tea's flowing and I've got a new LaChapelle book to keep me stimulated. I finally watched Stage Beauty. Nils got it for me for my birthday but I hadn't had time to watch it until now. It's great. Boogie Nights and Party Monster were in rotation earlier in the week. You already know that those are necessary.

The more I listen to Silversun Pickups the more bummed I am I didn't leave the house that night. There's pleasantly surprising Samiam moments later in Carnavas. If you've heard both you might know what I mean...or think I'm crazy....wonder if they like Samiam....

Okay, enough, it's just Some Candy Talkin anyway....I'm gonna make tea.

DXH

Currently listening :
Psychocandy
By The Jesus and Mary Chain
Release date: By 11 July, 2006

1:03 AM
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student