xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+ Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID)

4 posters

Go down

+ Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) Empty + Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID)

Post by GEOvanne Sun 23 Dec 2007, 8:50 pm

+ Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) __Dragon_Lady___by_kunkka

Artist's Comments

this is a commission piece.
concept is a chinese dragonxgoddess type.
not a common mix, i seldom see chinese dragon art around + Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) Smile
do more chinese dragons ppl!
imo, they r more majestic n awe/fear inspiring x mystical n fantastical
than all other dragon types. + Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) Biggrin
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Number of posts : 251
Job : Burninator
Hobbies : burninating
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

+ Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) Empty Re: + Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID)

Post by GEOvanne Sun 23 Dec 2007, 8:52 pm

i love this piece.
notice where the wiskers are put.
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

+ Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID) Empty Re: + Dragon Lady + by *kunkka(Deviant ID)

Post by tabooXchanz Sun 23 Dec 2007, 9:41 pm

wow this piece rox! i really luv it, it inspires me to draw something, it's really good, i luv the detailing
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 12:24 am

Geo, you need to state where you got this from.

Can someone explain to me how does the tail 'fit-in' with the actual dragon lady? It isn't practically possible for her to 'stand-up', due to the location of the really large tail. In my opinion, the tail looks like an 'after-thought' (by the way it has been depicted to be attached to the rest of the body). It just doesn't look like one uniformed figure.
Snyper
Snyper

Number of posts : 872
Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)
Registration date : 2007-10-12

http://www.techjamaica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Mon 24 Dec 2007, 12:30 am

she could stand up actually if you think about it...reflect on animals with large tails and how they get around u many change your opinion
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 12:38 am

I can't accept the architecture/posture of marsupial animals such as the Kangaroo (for this case). The have a different skeletal system.
Snyper
Snyper

Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)

Back to top Go down

Post by GEOvanne Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:08 pm

you know nothing about dragons do you?

she's based on an asain dragon, just so you know, they are long dragons. its not an after thought, its was intentional.
so inorder to make her work, he could either make her really tall, or make her like he did.

she could stand up, but she would most likely fly, as thats who the asains depicted some of their dragons. she wouldnt stand with her tail all stretched out, its would be all curved around, and it would be more dragged along then "carried"

omg, did anyone notice where her horns are?, thoes brown things comming from behind her back
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:14 pm

GEOvanne wrote:you know nothing about dragons do you?
I'm not supposed to know this. You are supposed to be educating us on this. Think about it logically, where would she take a crap through? (lets not go there exactly)
The base of her tail tacks on to her backside practically. Please expand on your reasoning.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:17 pm

Don't you see the practical design difference between the dragon in your avatar and the one that we are discussing? The underside of her tail, tapers in the wrong direction (so it loks weird).
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by GEOvanne Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:26 pm

your sounding even more dragon noobish.

the dragon in my avatar is a western dragon, she is asain.

and if your looking at the hair/spike things on her tail and see that they start at her hips, they start at both hips, and converge into one

where would she crap? where would any animal crap? its under the scales. if you watch cartoons and see dragon stand up, you dont see "parts", but they do stuff they would do if they were persent "such as pee when they turn their backs.

oh, ill post my dragon thing soon, but im doing somemore research to make it more real
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:35 pm

GEOvanne wrote:your sounding even more dragon noobish.
I'm not supposed to know anything about this, thats why you are supposed to be teaching us these things.

GEOvanne wrote:and if your looking at the hair/spike things on her tail and see that they start at her hips, they start at both hips, and converge into one
...yet the underside of the tail looks like something merely 'attached' to the rest of the body.
GEOvanne wrote:where would any animal crap? its under the scales.
That is just NASTY. You have forced me to conclude that dragons are the most unhygenic beasts to have ever been in existence.
GEOvanne wrote: oh, ill post my dragon thing soon, but im doing somemore research to make it more real
This sounds good. Just make sure you highlight the differences between att the vatious types of dragons, so we don't have to have this discussion as well.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by GEOvanne Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm

no, they dont crap under the scales, i was saying that he hide the carphole under the scales, you really want to se that?

and why were you looking under her?
since you pointed it out, the undersider of her tail looks like that because her leg is hiding it and there is too much shadow. if he wanted to, he would have shown how it flowed with the legs.

and dose it matter? the tail is npt an after thought, i would say go read about orental dragon, but ill post it mabey tomorow (almost done)
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Mon 24 Dec 2007, 10:55 pm

This explains a few things. I'll leave you to do your thing then. I can't wait to see how this progresses.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by niqui Tue 25 Dec 2007, 3:54 pm

Wow. this is piece is awesome. loved the purple scales.
Dudes chill out its just a drawing. A fantasy thing. Most fantasy concepts don't work in real life.
Lets say she had a some mechanism for flight. Her tail would act as very long rudder.
If she were on the ground, her special feet would enable her stand. She has feet like a T-rex. When standing her knees would be slightly bent, her upper body would thrust forward, thus allowing her to manage the weight of her tail.
Meh...but this is just my theory...on the aesthetical side very nice art work.
niqui
niqui

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 25 Dec 2007, 4:11 pm

As a student of aerodynamics, her tail would be far too inefficient to be a rudder (I get wher you are going nowntheless).
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by GEOvanne Tue 25 Dec 2007, 5:47 pm

haha, nice one niqui

but her tail wouldnt be use as a rudder, it would just be there. dragons dont use thier tails as rudders it should be stron enough to hold her up.

yeah, purple scales rock. heck, anything purple rocks
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 25 Dec 2007, 5:57 pm

Do they use thier tails for balance?
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by GEOvanne Tue 25 Dec 2007, 6:52 pm

no, they dont have to, but if you read my srticle, the tail can help them in flying/gliding
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 25 Dec 2007, 7:07 pm

Give me a moment to read it.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down