xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!!

3 posters

Go down

6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!! Empty 6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!!

Post by FireangelX Sun 08 Jul 2007, 3:40 am

MINNEAPOLIS -- A 6-year-old girl from Edina, Minn., survived after sitting over an open drain in a wading pool and having most of her small intestine sucked out of her body.

Abigail Taylor sat over an open drain hole in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club last Friday. According to a posting by her family on the Caring Bridge Web site, the drain's powerful suction tore out part of her intestinal tract. (The posting had been removed from the site as of this writing.)

According to WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, the girl's father, Scott Taylor, said the suction from the uncovered drain ripped a two-inch tear in her rectum and "basically disemboweled her by pulling out her small intestine, almost all of it."

Her mom said the girl somehow pulled herself off the drain and out of the pool before collapsing into the deep end of the regular pool.

"It's a medical miracle that she survived," said Abigail's father.

The girl was rushed to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Doctors operated for several hours before addressing the family.

"I immediately fell to me knees," Scott Taylor said. "My initial reaction was she hadn't survived."

Abigail now has a permanent colostomy and will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life.

"That's how she'll receive all of her nutrition, based on the fact that her small intestines are gone. She can't process food," Scott Taylor said.

Scott Taylor said he's talking to the media to make sure other parents and pool owners are aware of the dangers lurking at the bottom of pools.

Doctors said Abigail will remain in the hospital for at least a couple of weeks.

The Consumer Products Safety Commission says "the suction from a pool drain can be so powerful that it can hold an adult under water, but most entrapment incidents involve children."
FireangelX
FireangelX

Number of posts : 153
Job : writer n photographer
Hobbies : NeRDY MuSic LoVER!
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Back to top Go down

6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!! Empty Re: 6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!!

Post by FireangelX Sun 08 Jul 2007, 4:11 am

ppl please, please, please!!!! make sure u watch out 4 ur family n friends (esp. the lil ones) that r swimming.

• DON'T EVER SWIM ALONE!!!!!!!

don't act like some macho git that knows it all. Be with somebody, a family or friend or get a trained life guard.

• KEEP AWAY FROM THE DRAIN SUCTION, PPL!!!

campare it to a whirpool. that's wat you got.

its summer, we all have to be safe if we want to live through this outcome.

thanx!!
FireangelX
FireangelX

Number of posts : 153
Job : writer n photographer
Hobbies : NeRDY MuSic LoVER!
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Back to top Go down

6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!! Empty Re: 6 y o girl intestine sucked out by drain Suction!!

Post by niqui Sun 08 Jul 2007, 8:22 pm

yo. i heard bout this on cnn. seriously disturbing cuz i usually lean against the drain cuz i like to feel the suction on my skin. yikes.
niqui
niqui

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sun 08 Jul 2007, 8:28 pm

wow and i wud be one of those macho gits and swim by myself Laughing , i won't ever do that again
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down