xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci

2 posters

Go down

Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci Empty Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci

Post by FireangelX Tue 31 Jul 2007, 8:08 pm

Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci Female-Head-La-Scapigliata,-c1508-Print-C10316255
Female Head (La Scapigliata)

Artist: Leonardo da Vinci

For Italian Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519), art first cast its spell on him at age 17, when he was apprenticed by esteemed Renaissance artist Andrea Verrocchio, and it remained his passion until his death at age 67. Although he made vast contributions to mathematics, biology, anatomy, physics, engineering and architecture, he is most acclaimed for his profound body of artistic achievements.

His gloriously rendered female figures, such as "La Scapigliata," presented women in a light unheard of in his era—as intelligent beings and biological equals to men. The work also possesses a spiritually luminescent quality, communicated by the subject's bowed head, refined features, and serene expression. In this piece, as in da Vinci's others, the work itself, as well as every brushstroke in it, is a masterpiece.

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."

- Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited by on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireangelX
FireangelX

Number of posts : 153
Job : writer n photographer
Hobbies : NeRDY MuSic LoVER!
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Back to top Go down

Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci Empty Re: Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci

Post by tabooXchanz Wed 01 Aug 2007, 1:40 am

"La Scapigliata," presented women in a light unheard of in his era—as intelligent beings and biological equals to men. The work also possesses a spiritually luminescent quality, communicated by the subject's bowed head, refined features, and serene expression. In this piece, as in da Vinci's others, the work itself, as well as every brushstroke in it, is a masterpiece.

rightly so, thats what I love about his pieces, they are just so perfect in the way he captures his subject, that you almost feel emotional just at the sight of it
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci Empty Re: Female Head (La Scapigliata), c.1508 by Leonardo da Vinci

Post by FireangelX Thu 02 Aug 2007, 7:59 pm

i know rite!

i remember seeing this picture in "ever after" played by drew barrymore.

i guess its the beauty of the art that da vinci captured that fascinates me.
FireangelX
FireangelX

Number of posts : 153
Job : writer n photographer
Hobbies : NeRDY MuSic LoVER!
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 03 Aug 2007, 12:45 am

yea, his work often inspires me...but sadly I know I could never ever even attempt to create something so beautiful....
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum