xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID)

3 posters

Go down

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Empty my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID)

Post by tabooXchanz Wed 28 Nov 2007, 11:44 pm

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) My_Nonsense_Queen___colored_by_zancan
my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) 051011_QOTN_Color

Artist's Comments

The Queen of Technical Nonsense

I drew her eyes 3 years ago and swirled around them in a abstract fever whose meaning I never really understood.

Each time I entered my parent's home I was captivated by her look from the other side of the corridor. I always wondered what unspoken thought could hide behind her pale forehead, what mysterious secret could drive me hypnotized to the depths of her pupils.
One day at in a sudden impulse I grabbed a random blank canvas and started to sketch my Queen again. I painted during one month. Feverishly.

I struggled with the hues to keep her face cold but still feel the life breathing underneath.
I blew wind in her hair and colored her lips with purple.
I spent tenth of hours with tiny brushes to carve the surface of her mechaorganic coat.
I reworked her eyes several times until I felt trapped in her look again.

But I still wonder so many things about her.

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Heart

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Bulletgreen Close-ups here
my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Bulletgreen Reference drawing here
my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Bulletgreen Related scrap here
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Empty Re: my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID)

Post by tabooXchanz Wed 28 Nov 2007, 11:49 pm

its soo cool how zancan started from just eyes, i kinda kno wat hes talking about with the whole spiraling into something Laughing i remember i just started drawing a pattern on paper and it ended up turning into some kind of fairy somehow.....but wow i just love the random yet not randomness of this piece, it really makes it something spectacular....hehe and he used oil paint for this (sigh) im not brave enough to use oil haha ill stick to my water colours
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID) Empty Re: my Nonsense Queen - colored by `zancan(Deviant ID)

Post by GEOvanne Thu 06 Dec 2007, 9:21 pm

i just have to say it:
this picture have dragons written all over it. its the fairytail feel it gives off
GEOvanne
GEOvanne
Dragon
Dragon

Number of posts : 251
Job : Burninator
Hobbies : burninating
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Death metal kid Max Sat 08 Dec 2007, 11:36 am

To be honest, Geo's right I do kinda see dragons in this pic. So detailed, it's beautiful.
Death metal kid Max
Death metal kid Max
Protege
Protege

Number of posts : 60
Job : Banker, Sorceror, Elementalist.
Hobbies : Witchcraft
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down