xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Mania!

2 posters

Go down

Obama Mania! Empty Obama Mania!

Post by niqui Sun 06 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

Last Thursady, history was made as 2008 presidential candidate Barack Obama became the first black candidate to win the Iowa caucuses. There are 2 things that stands out about his victory:

1. He beat Hillary Clinton by 9%. Clinton had brought her entire national campaign team to Iowa and had consistently polled higher than Obama in the run up to the caucus.

Obama Mania! 061209_ClintonObama_vl.widec

2. Iowa is a "lily-white" state. There are hardly any minorities living in Iowa, ergo Obama definitely has the white vote on his side.

Obama next faces the New Hampshire primaries where he leads Clinton in most polls. Analyst expect him to win once more with the momentum gained from the Iowa victory. However, NH voters have been known to be highly unpredictable.

But the real meat of the matter is that Obama has seemingly done the improbable. He's a black candidate that appeals to the masses. He represents a radical change for the U.S. If elected president, it would surely be a memorable feat. It would signify the dissolution of the line of demarkation that has defined the landscape of colour and prejudice in America.

Obama Mania! Feminism1970

Obama Mania! Feminism1970
niqui
niqui

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Back to top Go down

Obama Mania! Empty Re: Obama Mania!

Post by Snyper Sun 06 Jan 2008, 6:18 pm

I'd still describe it as a 'knock-out' nonetheless.
Snyper
Snyper

Number of posts : 872
Job : Student
Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)
Registration date : 2007-10-12

http://www.techjamaica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niqui Sun 06 Jan 2008, 6:36 pm

true
niqui
niqui

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 08 Jan 2008, 6:31 pm

For some reason though, I don't believe that it will affect much anyway.
Snyper
Snyper

Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 08 Jan 2008, 6:45 pm

niqui wrote:But the real meat of the matter is that Obama has seemingly done the improbable. He's a black candidate that appeals to the masses. He represents a radical change for the U.S.
This is something that we should all remain proud of.

niqui wrote:If elected president, it would surely be a memorable feat. It would signify the dissolution of the line of demarkation that has defined the landscape of colour and prejudice in America.
This is indeed so, but (I'm assuming that) there are usually political loop-holes that 'safe-gauards' this from happening.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by niqui Thu 10 Jan 2008, 9:28 am

Reports surfacing: Obama supporters were furious after his loss to Hillary Clinton in Nh primaries. Pollsters had predicted that BarryO would beat Hill by altealst 10%. It was certainly a suprise when Hill beat by him by 2%. Pollsters blame the irregularity of the polls leading up to the primary on independent voters. Independent voters they say, can either vote republican or democratic. They probably support candidates in both parties. So when they saw BarryO leading in the polls, they assumed it was a sure win for the Illinois senator. They decided to use their votes to help their candidates in the Repub. party.
Hush BarryO. :[
However, it should be noted that even though Barck did not win, he is a a young, out-of-state senator and he managed to give Clinton a hard challenege IN her own backyard!
niqui
niqui

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 12 Jan 2008, 2:51 am

A 2% loss can definately be a justifiable cause for a re-count, can it?
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by niqui Sat 12 Jan 2008, 5:19 pm

Its a primary and not an actual decisive election, so i guess they can let it slide. Smile
niqui
niqui

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 12 Jan 2008, 9:00 pm

2%, is still too marginal in my opinion (when you consider the interest caused even in our local election a few months ago).
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum