xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday, November 4, 2006

Go down

Saturday, November 4, 2006 Empty Saturday, November 4, 2006

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 09 Feb 2007, 7:28 pm

A Robot Stole My Sandwich

The painful thing really is that last night was all me. The cause of the prior night's wakefulness was purely external, purely environmental, however last night there was really no good reason for me not to pass out as soon as I shut my eyes. They'd been watering all day in an attempt to convince me to give them some time off having only received 3 hours rest the night before....and yet, I've been awake since, oh, about 5:30am. Thus, I am afforded time to type this. So if you hate it, direct all hateful comments to my philinsomnic (yep, made that up) head.

I've actually been meaning to point something out for a while now but it keeps slipping my mind. Just in case someone has mislead you to believe otherwise, crowdsurfing sucks. I would leave it plain and simple like that but, for fear of someone confusing the statement to be only a commentary against aggressive behavior at shows, I shall further clarify. Not to be confused with crowd crawling to sing along, the dying art of stylistic stage diving or the evermore rare headwalking, crowdsurfing is a passive, non emotive "hey mom look at me and how willlllllllld I think I am" behavior. While kick boxing, slamming, singing along and the like are all visceral and emotional responses to music, crowd surfing is, simply, weak. Always has been. There is really no better way to cheapen a live performance than to float like a happy little cloud atop the hands of discomforted show goers. For all those aghast, having been misinformed and tricked into thinking it was cool, or far out, or what ever you crazy kids might call it today, FEAR NOT for you are not too far gone! We at the church of Holylchristrowdsurfingsucks welcome you with loving arms. Now you know...and you know what GI Joe says about knowing. That is my public service announcement for today. Praise or ignore it as you wish.

What doesn't suck on the other hand, is having played these past few shows up here in the North East. Through snow and cold you all came and made this whole leg fantastic. We've but one more performance tonight here in Albany and then we're on our way to NZ which I'm very much looking forward to having never been and having only heard wonderful things about the country. Certainly any place that gave America Dan Under has to be doing something right.

Yesterday we had the evening off here in Albany so Hunter and I caught the Borat movie. 'Didn't know too much about it going in but Jade said it was great so I checked it out. It was a good time. I appreciated the expose of the old cowboy- a terrifying character that I fear has far too many like minded kin throughout this nation of ours. (I'll take a million crowdsurfers over one of him any day.) Though not quite as terrifying, outside the theatre the mall was filled with patrons adorning terribly disturbing footwear amongst other unfortunate garments. I definitely saw furry ugh boots with pastel, felt flowers on them along with some sort of oversized, flat brimmed ball cap that looked like a ding dong wrapper with little Yankees logos screened all over it. I imagine the same people dawning these atrocities thought I was some sort of cross dressing tropical bird so I suppose we're even. I was met with a lot of good will in the mall and did encounter one stylish young lady who offered to trade me her top for my oxblood boots. I presumed the theatre might not allow me to enter with just my Julius sox so I gracefully declined.

If you happen upon Albany and are similarly dietarily inclined as myself, there is a regular ol' Pizza Parlor that serves vegan pizza and vegan cookies. I can't remember where it is, or what it's called, so I guess I'm not good for much. It's like "super Italian name's" Pizza. Maybe a local could help you out.

I spoke to my buddy Jimmy who tour manages Thursday last night. It seems there was a show at the Wiltern with them, Rise Against and Circa Survive. I imagine some of you went. I imagine it was fun. I would have enjoyed seeing all the boys...really would like Mr. Green to release a new album as well. OH! Duran Duran played down the street from our show in RI the other day. Gotta admit, I was a little destroyed when I heard about it (so close, yet so far) but our show was such a good time that the longing was totally overshadowed. Thank you RI.

well, my hair looks like a mossy log...I should go work on that

DXH

Currently listening :
Ta Dah!
By Scissor Sisters
Release date: By 26 September, 2006

10:45 AM
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063