xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+Blog+ : Saturday, March 10, 2007

Go down

+Blog+ : Saturday, March 10, 2007 Empty +Blog+ : Saturday, March 10, 2007

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 10 Mar 2007, 9:54 pm

Look out Donuts, the Unicorns are Coming!

"You Rock!" I think about the compliment often - who is most likely to give it, who it's directed towards and what it implies. Don't you find it ironic that more often than not when you hear someone say "You Rock!" it is said by someone who typically doesn't listen to Rock, and is directed towards someone who is doing something as "Rockin!" as handing over their last brew, or perhaps they're and actor, or perhaps a Pop star? "You Rock!" I think today a more accurate compliment would be "You Pop!" based on the parties and sentiments typically involved. I'm not saying it's bad and I do understand the terms appropriation and evolution...I'm just sayin. Curious, no? Hey, here's a tie in. Chances are someone will say that Blaqkaudio "Rocks!" when there aint even and geeeetars in it! We'll see.

These are the types of things I think of and not only when I've had a total of five hours of divided sleep. Jeffree just woke me up from a nap with a rundown of the the art preview I missed when stuck at a red lion in a very small norcal town. Sounded like I missed some fabulous works and haps.

Started listening to the new Combichrist before anyone should be awake today. I was feeling it immediately and the same goes for "Rant" the new Chuck Palahniuk novel. I need to hydrate and clothe myself. Guests are arriving and to be BOTH thirsty and in my birthday suit would be so gauche.

fighting the enemy as according to Mr. Ahead,

DXH

Currently listening :
What the Fuck Is Wrong With You People
By Combichrist
Release date: By 06 March, 2007

4:10 PM
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063