xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday, December 4, 2005

Go down

Sunday, December 4, 2005 Empty Sunday, December 4, 2005

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 09 Feb 2007, 8:23 pm

three thirty two and still typing
Current mood: sleepy

I smell like rose water. It's on my hands and wrists. I can't imagine why. I don't wear rose water, I wear vanilla. My first love wore rose water....at least I certainly thought it was love at the time, but what does a fifteen year old terribly, tragic couple know of love, right? I do know that it hurt. I'm going to maintain that it WAS love. It's far more romantic that way and why not have a bit more romance? It must have meant something because MANY years later I still remember the rose water... which for some reason, is on me now. Odd. If my Explosions in the Sky turns to Disintergration I'm gonna have some major make out flash backs. None of you want that. I don't want that...Who am I kidding? It's too late. They rush in. Anyhow...onto my bellybutton.

It's not bruised anymore. Did you know you can bruise your bellybutton? I didn't. Here's what you do. Go to Dillinger Escape Plan. Insist that, despite their chaos and bizarre time signatures, you're gonna dance. Wait for that one drop -the one moment in Sugar Coated Sour that lasts about two seconds - and hit the floor like you're eighteen again. Proceed to immediatley get kicked in the stomach, really, really hard...and...there you have it. That evening you'll be wondering "What's this dark purple business that's all over my tummy and bellybutton?" Low and behold, a bruised belly button! Neat right? Never would you have guessed it. Well maybe you would have, but I'd never thought about.

Why am I writing all this? You can't possibly want to read this. I'm sorry. I'm wide awake so I figured why not? When I'm done, someone is going to be awake and read this. Maybe your'e in Australlia. Maybe you and I returned from the same dance club and we have similar motivations.

Sean told me about the club. It was a nice way to end the evening. I danced with Sean, Amy, Danny and Molly. You should see Molly's hat. It's furry. Not just normal monochrome fur but striped fur..like grape Furit Stripe gum. Oh, to be Molly in her hat... Most of them were content to refrain from spending all of their early morning hours pretending it was Ibiza 92, so I did spent a lot of the time shaking it with the giant, flourescent, glow in the dark stuffed Daisy in the middle of the floor. Yes, yes I did...and no, I was not waving glow sticks...this time.

Avacado and Danny and I began the evening with art. Kevin Llewellyn, Michael Hussar and many other were actually in the gallery painting all day. It was nice to see Kevin. I hadn't seen him in a while. We spoke of Starck hotels and their artistic appeal. His friend said she was usually too drunk to remember what the bars looked like and appealed to Danny and Avacado and I saying "You know how that goes."

I wish I had gotten to see Micahel. We waited but none of us had eaten all day (okay, I had soy gingerbread latte with Shelly) and like the tragically human animals we are, we had to go feed.. I had read something about a hope underlying the darkness of Michael's work - it wasn't his own words - and I was interested to hear what he thought of such an interpretation. A lot of time people can find hope where there is none. I often wonder...

So that was the first time this evening that the food had gotten the better of us. After having left a nonpresent Michael to shove vegan turkey sausages down our throats we came to a crossroads. Were we going to head straight to the HXC show or hit the vegan ice cream parlor first? We had estimated that there was ample time to catch Modern Life is War and for Danny and I to become closer over a banana split while avacado happily fought with his fudge sundae. It was a good estimation. It would have worked out perfectly if MLIW had gone on when the webstie said they were going to. Instead, we got to simply meet the boys who were very friendly and very gifty. We did however see Most Precious Blood. It's alway nice to be able to sit down with them every few months or so. They're such good people. Plus, after an introductory homage to Sing This Corrosion, Rob spoke of sucking off his dog before they all channeled the power of a goosbumpy, godhatin' sample that lead into one of their new tracks. Gotta love that. Oh, and Danny and I noted that the MPB boys, with the exception of the boy with the sticks, would make the SF Bears proud.

That's all. You're excused. It's early.

Oh, and I refuse to accpet this nations demands that breakfast is something that happens only in the AM. Some of us just don't get up that early. How am I supposed to get up that early when I'm writing at these hours? Fight with me.

I'm going to go to bed and smell my wrists and hands.

DXH

Currently listening :
Disintegration
By The Cure
Release date: By 01 May, 1989

3:21 AM
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student