xXx Ennui xXx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ark Of the Covenant

+2
guitargeekette
tabooXchanz
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ark Of the Covenant Empty Ark Of the Covenant

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 26 Jan 2008, 11:30 pm

"The Ark of the Covenant (ארון הברית in Hebrew: aron hab'rit) is described in the Bible as a sacred container, wherein rested the Tablets of stone containing the Ten Commandments as well as other sacred Israelite pieces. According to the Biblical account, the Ark was built at the command of God, in accord with Moses' prophetic vision on Mount Sinai (Exodus 25:9-10). God communicated with Moses "from between the two cherubim" on the Ark's cover (Exodus 25:22). The Ark and its sanctuary were "the beauty of Israel" (Lamentations 2:1). Rashi and some Midrashim suggest that there were two arks - a temporary one made by Moses, and a later one made by Bezalel (Hertz 1936)
The Biblical account relates that during the trip of the Israelites, the Ark was carried by the priests ~2,000 cubits (Numbers 35:5; Joshua 4:5) in advance of the people and their army or host (Num. 4:5-6; 10:33-36; Psalms 68:1; 132:Cool. When the Ark was borne by priests into the bed of the Jordan,
the river was separated, opening a pathway for the whole of the host to
pass over (Josh. 3:15-16; 4:7-18). The Ark was borne in a seven day
procession around the wall of Jericho
by three priests sounding seven trumpets of rams' horns, the city taken
with a shout (Josh. 6:4-20). When carried, the Ark was always wrapped
in a veil, in tachash skins (the identity of this animal is uncertain), and a blue cloth, and was carefully concealed, even from the eyes of the Levites who carried it."

content from Wikipedia

So alot of people have been in search of the ark of the covenant since it went missing so long ago, the last stop I heard about on this search was at some place in the middle east, it was some kind of temple and they would only allow like one person to enter in there and no cameras, so really nothing can be confirmed about what the person saw...But its cool to think that such an object exists....It was said that if you look at it you would die, only a high priest could look at it and only at designated times so that points me in the direction that what the guy saw in the temple wasn't really it, I'm eager to see where the search continues to.

Anyways this was just a little piece of info i wanted to share, thought it was pretty intesting

Here are some photos of what the Ark is conceptualised to look like:

Ark Of the Covenant Ark_of_the_Covenant_19th-century

Ark Of the Covenant The%20new%20ark

Ark Of the Covenant Ark_of_covanent

Ark Of the Covenant Ark

"THE ARK OF THE COVENANT
Exod 25:10-22 "And they shall make an ark
of acacia wood; two and a half cubits shall be its length, a cubit and a half its width,
and a cubit and a half its height."And you shall overlay it with pure gold, inside
and out you shall overlay it, and shall make on it a molding of gold all around."You
shall cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in its four corners; two rings shall be
on one side, and two rings on the other side."And you shall make poles of acacia
wood, and overlay them with gold."You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides
of the ark, that the ark may be carried by them."The poles shall be in the rings of
the ark; they shall not be taken from it."And you shall put into the ark the
Testimony which I will give you."You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a
half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width."And you shall make
two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy
seat."Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall
make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat."And the
cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings,
and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy
seat."You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put
the Testimony that I will give you."And there I will meet with you, and I will speak
with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of
the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of
Israel.(NKJ)"

content from Bible Truth
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1063
Job : Student
Hobbies : singing, listening to music, computers, tech toys, AFI
Registration date : 2007-01-31

https://ennui.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ark Of the Covenant Empty Re: Ark Of the Covenant

Post by guitargeekette Mon 28 Jan 2008, 3:55 pm

Did you know...that they had an exhibition about it at NCU a couple years ago...it was interesting. The whole topic however is something I will not touch until I gather more info about it...

guitargeekette
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Thu 31 Jan 2008, 6:58 pm

thats cool, i would have wanted to see that, hurry and gather Smile, so we can discuss
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Taikenzor Thu 07 Feb 2008, 5:10 pm

I believe you've touched an interesting topic. I also saw something on Discovery with a guy who had on camera, the place where they believe, rested the Ark of Covenants. Of course they didn't permit it on camera...

I guess it was because you can't just broadcast a Holy object for the pleasure of the world...

Smile
Taikenzor
Taikenzor
Protege
Protege

Number of posts : 126
Job : Amateur Flash Animator
Hobbies : Creating mini cartoons, sketching, watching sunsets, hanging out with the DF Clan XD
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Thu 07 Feb 2008, 5:28 pm

Taikenzor wrote:you can't just broadcast a Holy object for the pleasure of the world
That is not a very fair statement. Would you like me to stop printing (authentic) copies of the Bible, just because it could cause some form of international chaos/confusion?
Snyper
Snyper

Number of posts : 872
Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)
Registration date : 2007-10-12

http://www.techjamaica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niqui Thu 07 Feb 2008, 8:43 pm

I agree with you there snyper.

Interesting point:
I believe a while back I read of Rastafarians claiming the ark of the covenant was in Ethiopia. Queen Sheeba of Ethiopia had visited Solomon and according to the Kebra Negast, bore him a son. There is also an ambiguous account of their meeting the bible.
Apparently, Solomon was so enthralled by Queen Sheeba he sent many scholars to Ethiopia AND smuggled the ark to her. Can't recall why though?
However, what I don't really buy about this whole ark in Ethiopa thing, is that, back in day, Ethiopa was a massive country. I belive the region we now call Sudan was a part of old Ethiopia along with several other African nations.
Therefore, the arc could be Sudan for all we know and not Ethiopia.
niqui
niqui

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 08 Feb 2008, 3:03 am

Snyper wrote:
Taikenzor wrote:you can't just broadcast a Holy object for the pleasure of the world
That is not a very fair statement. Would you like me to stop printing (authentic) copies of the Bible, just because it could cause some form of international chaos/confusion?

I think what he means is that just how something like lets say Dan Brown's theories were to be true it would just blow up and cause chaos, so something like the ark would cause alot of that since no one i'm sure can boast they've even seen it and it is supposed to be an object of immense power so alot of people would want to get their hands on it and other issues

Last edited by on Sat 09 Feb 2008, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Fri 08 Feb 2008, 8:50 am

niqui wrote:Therefore, the arc could be Sudan for all we know and not Ethiopia.
I concur with you on this. The question to be asked, is which religious group is protecting the secret hiding place of this ancient relic. A thing of such power, can't possibly elude an entire nation for too long, as 'someone' had to place it there to beging with. The 'secret' of its hiding place has to be passed down from generation to generation.

tabooXchanz wrote:so alot of people would want to get their hands on
it and other issues
This is what I'm actually proposing will
happen, but the truth needs to be known.
Snyper
Snyper

Hobbies : Composing rhythims using audition software (any my trusty electronic keyboard)

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 09 Feb 2008, 12:27 am

the truth does need to be known but alot of things within the church i'm so very sure have been kept secret since forever
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Fri 15 Feb 2008, 8:10 pm

tabooXchanz wrote:lets say Dan Brown's theories were to be true it would just blow up and cause chaos
As scary as that sounds, it isn't much of a theory, after you've read the un-refined (still yet translated) book of Genesis. It leads me yet again, to go read the 'much' old(er) english bibles.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Fri 15 Feb 2008, 8:38 pm

umm it is a quite a theory actually...u don't read genesis though, you read the gnostic gospels thats where it came from not genesis
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykotiq Tue 26 Feb 2008, 6:37 am

Ye but the gnostic chapters are supposed to be like the hardest thing to get. I think u shud create a thread on the morals of takin out chapters of the bible. As for the arc, according to the scriptures, if i'm not mistaken, it was "destroyed" when Solomons temple was destroyed, of course no trace of it was never found.
Sykotiq
Sykotiq
Protege
Protege

Number of posts : 58
Job : Student/Producer
Hobbies : Mixing, aking rythms
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Tue 26 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

Sykotiq wrote:I think u shud create a thread on the morals of takin out chapters of the bible.
I'm sure that the good book of Revelations, would have already highlighted this for you.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Tue 26 Feb 2008, 11:16 pm

on Sykotiq's point, umm actually i heard that it was taken out some time before the temple was destroyed...and come on, this is an object of immense power, humans can't just destroy it so easily, i mean it was said if anyone but the in charge of it looked at it they would die
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 01 Mar 2008, 2:43 pm

There will be an interesting documentary on the History channel
tomorrow (Sunday) on the History channell (at7/8pm). There is this guy, who claims that he has the best possibility of finding it.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 01 Mar 2008, 7:16 pm

yea which is the same guy i was referring to before....ii'm ot sure if this is a continuation or if they are showing the same thing over again
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 01 Mar 2008, 7:30 pm

I had already borne this in mind. The previous one, was titled " The lost Ark". I forgot the title for this one. I'm still skeptical that it will ever be found. I belive that theoretically, it should signify the end of the world as we know it.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 01 Mar 2008, 8:51 pm

I don't think it should signify that but I don't thik it will be found seeing that most likely the keeper is the only one who can look at it without dying, so I think extreme measures would be taken so it is not found
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 01 Mar 2008, 9:17 pm

I highly doubt that there can even be actual guardians for an item of this nature. A secret of such magnitude is tricky to be passed down from generation to generation. Even the 'church' would have to document information on this.

Hypothetically: If you knew where Noah's ark is located, would you really keep it to yourself all these years? I don't see the real significance of the Ark of the Covenant, since it will most likely be damaged by now (and would have been aged beyond recognition).
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 01 Mar 2008, 9:28 pm

the problem with your logic is that you can't really use logic here.....this item as described in the bible had actual guardians for it who were the only ones who could actually look at it...yes it would be a tricky secret to pass down but it doesn't mean it is impossible, they would not have to document something they want to keep secret....noah's ark is something totally different you can't compare it to the ark of the covenant because in the case of noah's ark it did not contain the 10 commandments and it was just constructed to get noah, his family and some animals out of a flood not anything like what the ark was meant to do
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 01 Mar 2008, 9:39 pm

tabooXchanz wrote:this item as described in the bible had actual guardians for it who were the only ones who could actually look at it
This has no significance to man-kind then. The creator, wrote the 10 commandments on in stone, Moses broke the tablet (due to reasons quoted in the Bible), then its just mysteriously lost. What proof was there that there were '10' commandments? How can we be so sure that it wasn't something that Moses 'made up' to have us all follow...

I don't believe that we should go around seeking items like these. Its costing taxpayers for explorations like this.
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Sat 01 Mar 2008, 9:43 pm

ummm well thats your opinion, it is my belief there were 10 commandments and that moses did not make that up..I find what your saying offensive because I believe what is said in the bible is the word of God
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snyper Sat 01 Mar 2008, 9:51 pm

No one is disputing this, but there are ancient questions that are left to be answered. The Bible didn't mention any transcribers who recorded the 10 commandments immediately as they were done. There appears to be no further documentation after God instructs Moses to mend the covenant (that he had broken in anger).
Snyper
Snyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sykotiq Sun 02 Mar 2008, 1:52 pm

Well in any case I believe the arc is not something that is to be discovered...if it was I think we wud've found it. Besides, if chanz is rite, can u imagine the death rate if ppl found it.
Sykotiq
Sykotiq
Protege
Protege

Number of posts : 58
Job : Student/Producer
Hobbies : Mixing, aking rythms
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tabooXchanz Wed 26 Mar 2008, 4:40 pm

I dont think it wud be so easily found...there are many things of great importance that have been kept secret for centuries ....yea the death rate sure would increase Laughing but only for a short period cus people would soon realise the power of it
tabooXchanz
tabooXchanz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content